IX13 - Top 100 International Exchange and Experience Blogs 2013

About Me

My photo
French and Russian undergraduate student, trying my hand at the real world.

Thursday 18 October 2012

Autumn!

Peter, you are beautiful in Autumn! This post does not need any words, the colours put things more eloquently than I could ever hope to.


Mikhailovsky Gardens



Summer Gardens


Summer Gardens


Oh look, our old friend Krilov!


The pergola at the Summer Gardens


A cheeky leaf crown!
My friend and I found this on a bench in the Summer Garden. Someone had made it, had fun with it and left it behind for someone else to enjoy. Each of the stems was entwined most intricately, it was a true work of art. We left it on the bench after striking a few poses with it for someone to enjoy as we had. The next thing we knew, a tiny little girl and her mother had found it and were taking pictures. It was so beautiful to watch, a key part of the Russian childhood that the little lady involved will remember in years to come. 

Hey, I enjoyed wearing the crown myself - I'm just a big kid really!

(apologies for the formatting of that last paragraph, I can't seem to fix it)

No comments:

Post a Comment