IX13 - Top 100 International Exchange and Experience Blogs 2013

About Me

My photo
French and Russian undergraduate student, trying my hand at the real world.

Tuesday 30 October 2012

I can tell you one thing, chaps

So today it really hit me. Square between the eyes as I stood in the middle of the Haymarket.


I LIVE in St Petersburg. It's taken a while. I've replaced my shower gel twice (my friend's definition of 'living'  somewhere is when you have to replace your shower gel/shampoo - a good analogy). I've had a routine for several weeks now, so it wasn't at the very second that this routine was established that I realised it.


I will tell you the second thing - it is going to be a painful wrench to leave this place. There are so many things I am going to miss, that is for sure. I'm past the halfway point now and I have my reading week next week, but after then I shall have only 6 weeks left in this city. Reverse culture shock will be much worse than the actual culture shock, that is for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment