IX13 - Top 100 International Exchange and Experience Blogs 2013

About Me

My photo
French and Russian undergraduate student, trying my hand at the real world.

Saturday 15 June 2013

Travelling

Good evening everyone,

So I am a nosy parker - but I think we established this a long time ago. I am the sort of person that is utterly fascinated with other people's success stories and how they live their lives - goodness knows this is part of why I do a language degree, so that I can see how other cultures do it too, by speaking their language!

At the moment I am in the process of finding myself, as are the majority of 21 year olds. Perhaps this term is thrown around a bit these days, but I consider my "finding myself" in its most recent manifestation to be reading economics books and Intelligent Life magazine while wearing the heels that I am determined to be able to walk in and thinking about all the possible feminist allegories that may go with it. That, and eating more carbohydrates than could possibly be good for me and considering how to become more pretentious and a self made millionaire by 25 so I can keep my parents well stocked in truffle oil. Busy times, then.

You can consider this to be the reasoning behind why my posts have been much more about myself and my personal development of late. I've noticed that I have been writing far less about French culture than I have about Russian culture, but you can be assured that my cultural posts will resume in a few weeks' time after I have been interrailing. (Again, cliche - but probably the one of the best experiences you can have in life. So I am told, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment