IX13 - Top 100 International Exchange and Experience Blogs 2013

About Me

My photo
French and Russian undergraduate student, trying my hand at the real world.

Thursday 10 January 2013

Bonjour à tous!

Well chaps, today marks the start of the final coundown towards my move to France - next week.
I feel as though I have only just returned from my travels in Russia - indeed, it has only been 3 weeks since I got off the plane! My life at the moment consists of pieces of paper and chasing up documents and signing forms. Goodness knows, I will forget something important and end up homeless. I'm not a disorganised person but there is just so much to keep track of!

I am very much looking forward to exploring my new surroundings, but my grasp of French at the moment has dwindled significantly. I did originally draft this post in French but I didn't have the guts to post it!

The only way is up though, right?

I hope all of you had a happy Christmas, whenever it was you celebrated it. (For my English readers, this was 25th December and for my dear Russians, this was the 7th January.) New Year though, is celebrated on 31st December by everyone, yet is more of a significant celebration for Russians. I am reluctant to talk about what I get up to in my daily life on here, frankly because it's not that interesting for people to read. I'll leave you with a brief comment about the fact I spent my festive period surrounded by good food, good fun and good company.

So for now, I will leave you all with my best wishes for the new year and I look forward to receiving your comments on my time in France.

I noticed lately that my view count has now passed 10,000 - so I want to thank each and every one of you for taking the time to read about little ol' me. I never expected anyone other than a few close friends and family to take a look at this thing, so thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Fliss

    My name is Meri and I work for the language portal http://bab.la.

    True to our five year long tradition, we at bab.la Gmbh are hosting the IX-competition to find the 100 most exciting, inspiring, open-minded bloggers write about international exchange and experience. It would make us very happy if you decide to participate in "IX13" (International eXchange and eXperience 2013)

    Please email me if you are interested in the competition under meri[at]bab.la ; and I will send you an email with more information about nomination and voting.

    All the best!
    Meri

    ReplyDelete